Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Fresh Start

Hello! I'm starting this blog as a way to encourge myself and others to get on the right track with living a healthy life. My biggest excuses are lack of time, lack of money, and lack of energy.

We all have 24 hours in a day, so I've decided I just have to learn to make time! Lack of energy? I have found over the past few months that if I eat right and get enough rest, the energy problem is solved! Lack of money? That one is the hardest! I've been a bargin shopper for a while now, mastering the coupon game, the CVS game and building the stash of products. I just need to shift my focus now on the quality of products I'm getting and deciding to start saving money of things that are good for me and my family.

I'm hoping to share ideas with how I have started eating healthier breakfast and lunches, and preparing healthy dinners for my family, while sticking to my weekly grocery budget of 75 dollars for my family of three.

The first money saving tip I have on this new journey I have started is purchasing my gym membership. You do not have to join a gym to exercise and get fit, but I need the gym to help motivate me. I shopped around to the local gyms that were in good locations to my home and work. This was the biggest thing for me. I have to go to a gym that I can stop by on my way to work in the mornings. I decided to join 24 Hour Fitness since they have so many locations near my home, office and on my commute.

I checked out their special promotions, looked into corporate deals through my office, and finally decided to purchase the 2 year membership at Costco for 299. This works out to being less than $12.50 a month which is the cheapest gym membership I could find anywhere else!

Where do you work out and why did you choose the gym you did?

Look forward to sharing money saving grocery and meal tips for the week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment